We provide refunds if…
You are unable to attend the Booking due to any of the reasons below and have provided the required evidence.
- Illness / Injury
- Pre-existing Medical Condition
- Pregnancy Complication
- Death of Immediate Family
- Public Transport Failure
- Scheduled Airline Failure
- Mechanical Breakdown
- Jury Service
- Court Summons
- Home Emergency
- Armed Forces & Emergency Services Recall
- Adverse Weather
- Relocated for Work
- Theft of Tickets
- Government Travel Ban
- Changes to Examination Dates
We will also consider other Emergency Circumstances at our absolute discretion and You may need to evidence these circumstances.
The Covid-19 pandemic has prompted us to consider widening our reasons for refund. We may refund where You are unable to Attend because of:
- You, or someone within your Immediate Household, have contracted Covid-19 within the 14 days immediately prior to the Booking; supported by evidence of a positive test result.
- The hospitalization, or death, of Your Immediate Family Member due to Covid-19, within the 28 days immediately preceding the Booking; supported by a medical / death certificate.
- A significant change in your pre-existing medical condition in the 14 days immediately prior to the Booking results in a Doctor recommending you do not Attend due to the risk of exposure to Covid-19.
Refunds are not issued where You do not Attend because You are concerned about catching Covid-19 or are self-isolating without a positive Covid-19 test, or where the Booking is cancelled
These reasons for refund are considered on an entirely discretionary basis and are not to be taken as a guarantee of refund.
**See full terms and conditions below to understand the refund policy and any excluded reasons for Covid-19 refund applications.
Requesting a Refund
Your refund application and payment will be handled by the Refunds Team who act as the administrator of Our Refundable terms.
To apply for a Refund You must complete the Refund Application Form here as soon as You know You cannot Attend the Booking, and up to 60 days after the Booking
If Your Booking is cancelled or postponed, You should contact Our customer service team to discuss Your options; see Your Booking confirmation for contact details.
General Conditions of Refund
- You must make all arrangements to arrive in time to Attend the Booking.
- At the time of Booking You must not be aware of any reason which may lead to a refund request
- You must take all reasonable precautions or make reasonable alternate arrangements to prevent or reduce any refund request.
- We will not pay a refund through this process where there is an existing right of compensation from another Paying Party, e.g. if your Booking is cancelled or postponed.
- You will be asked to provide supporting evidence at Your own expense, and a copy of the Booking
- Maximum refund value will not exceed the total value of the Booking, or $15,000 USD, or alternative currency equivalent, per person.
|What We will refund?||What will We not refund?||Evidence required|
|Illness / Injury means an Illness or accidental Injury to You or a member of Your Immediate Family. We will also refund the cost of the Doctor’s note on valid Refund Application.||
|Pre-existing Medical Conditionmeans a physical or mental health condition that You were aware of at the time You made the Booking that would not normally prevent You from Attending the Booking.||
means a complication of pregnancy You were unaware of at the time You made the Booking and which results in You being unable to Attend the Booking.
|Deathmeans Your death any time prior to the Booking or the death of an Immediate Family member or any person(s) in the Group due to Attend the event with You, up to 4 weeks prior to the date of the Booking..||
|Public Transport Failuremeans unexpected disruption or failure of the public transport network which You could not have reasonably been aware of on or before the date of the Booking.||
|Scheduled Airline Failuremeans cancellation of flight(s) which You were unaware of before the date of the Booking, that prevents You from Attending Your Booking.||
|Mechanical Breakdownmeans in the 24 hours prior to the Booking, the mechanical breakdown, accident, fire or theft of a vehicle taking You to the Booking.||
|Jury Servicemeans a summons for You to Attend Jury Service over the date of the Booking of which You were unaware at the time of making the Booking.||
|Court Summonsmeans You are summoned to appear as a witness in court proceedings on the day of the Booking of which You were unaware of the time of making the Booking.||
|Home Emergencymeans a Burglary, Fire, Malicious Damage or Flood at Your private residence up to 48 hours immediately before the Booking, of which You were unaware of the time of making the Booking.||
|Armed Forces & Emergency Services Recallmeans You as a member of the Armed Forces, Reserve Armed Forces or Emergency Services are recalled to work on the date of the Booking or are posted overseas and cannot Attend the Booking.||
|Adverse Weathermeans weather where a Government Agency has issued warnings not to travel which entirely prevents You from Attending the Booking.||
|Relocated for Workmeans a requirement to move address imposed on You by Your employer, unknown to You at the date of Booking. The move may be temporary or permanent and must be more than 100 miles from Your home address at the date of Booking.||
|Theft of Ticket(s)means the theft of a physical ticket for the Booking in 24 hours before the Booking, which cannot be replaced.||
|Government Travel Banmeans You cannot Attend the Booking because of a public travel ban issued either by the government of Your country of residence or by the country You are travelling to.||
|Changes to Examination Datesmeans the unforeseen change of the date of an examination for a course on which You are registered to the day(s) of the Booking.||
|Emergency Circumstances means an unforeseen circumstance completely outside Your control and of no fault of Yours. The decision to refund is entirely at the discretion of our Refunds Team. We will consider these circumstances and have no obligation whatsoever to provide a refund.||
Specific reasons where refunds will not be provided:
We do not refund for non-Attendance of a Booking directly or indirectly associated with:
- communicable disease leading to quarantines or restriction of movement of people. (This does not apply for refund applications under the Covid-19 section above);
- actual or perceived: war, hostilities, civil commotion etc; imprisonment, repatriation, deportation etc; poisonous biological materials, radioactivity, etc; cyber-attacks; state property seizure, etc;
- failing to comply with any law;
- any Booking emanating from the Cook Islands, Cuba, Gaza Strip, Iran, North Korea, Nigeria or Syria;
- where exposed to any sanction, prohibition or restriction under United Nations resolutions or the trade or economic sanctions, laws or regulations of the European Union, United Kingdom or United States of America;
- if it exceeds 18 months from the date originally booked to the conclusion of the transacted event.
The following words or phrases have the meaning shown below wherever they appear in bold in this document.
We/Us/Our – We are the Booking agent with whom You made the Booking.
You/Your/Yourself – A person who has made a Booking alone or as part of a group with Us.
Armed Forces – Naval Service, Marines, Army or Air Force.
Attend – participate in, take part in, use, or be present at.|
Booking – The pre-planned and pre-booked service(s)/event(s)/flight(s)/ticket(s) transacted with Us by You.|
Communicable Disease – means any disease capable of being transmitted from an infected person or species to a susceptible host, either directly or indirectly.
Doctor – A qualified medical practitioner registered and licensed with a recognised professional body. A doctor cannot be You or a member of Your family.
Emergency Services – Police, Fire and Rescue Service or other Emergency Services.
Immediate family – Your husband, wife, partner, civil partner, parent, child, brother, sister, grandmother or grandfather.
Immediate Household – any person, family or otherwise, living within the same household as you (evidence will be required including a bank statement, government communication or utility bill dated within 2 months prior to the Booking).
Paying Party – Any organisation or body who has a legal liability to pay compensation for the failure of the service, against whom You have a right of refund.
Refunds Team – Our administrative team who act for Us as administrator of all refund applications under our Refundable terms.
IMPORTANT Any translation of this document from English is for assistance and information only. In event of a Refund Application the English language version shall be the basis of settlement.
All aspects of this document are subject to English law and the jurisdiction of the English courts.
This is not an insurance policy. A Refundable Booking is an optional extension to Our standard Terms & Conditions of sale and trade, and it provides a right to a refund in certain defined circumstances outlined in this document.